Bizz & Weezy Bourbon Truffles
Shared below is our Bourbon Truffle Recipe. You can see us demo the Recipe on KCLive
1⁄2 Cup heavy whipping cream
1⁄2 Cup bourbon (or your preferred alcohol, does NOT have to be bourbon)
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP corn sryup
16 Oz’s of chocolate, we recommend (a darker semi-sweet, at least 56% Cacoa)
Ground up items to roll it in, suggested:
- Crunchy, finely chopped bacon
- Pistachio’s, finely chopped
- Confectioners sugar (will make the truffle sweeter)
Note: Anything that is on the saltier side or that pairs with bourbon will probably pair well with this.
Cooking items needed:
- Small sauce pan or skillet, enough to hold about 1 1⁄2 cups of liquid
- Small bowl
- 1 bowl for each topping you will roll your truffles in
- 1 plate to set the finished truffles on
- Container to store in
- Bowl scraper
- Wire whisk
- 3⁄4 ounce scoop, about 1/3 the size of an ice cream scoop or tablespoon •
- Pour chocolate into a bowl and set it aside
- Add all ingredients in skillet except chocolate
- Turn the skillet on medium high till it start’s simmering to low boil
- Pour the hot liquid over your chocolate and let mixture set for two minutes.
(The idea is to let the heat melt the chocolate)
- Whisk the chocolate and the heated ingredients till they combine well and
the chocolate takes on a glossy appearance. Usually about 30 – 60 seconds of
- Using your bowl scraper, empty the contents into your container and set into
the refrigerator for two hours
- Set up your toppings in bowls
a. NOTE: Once the time is up, you will need to move quickly as the longer this is out, the softer it will become.
- Using your scoop, portion a truffle into your hands and roll it till it is round. No need to be perfect, in perfections give items a personal touch
- Once rolled into a ball, drop it into the topping of your choice and roll it around feeling free to press it into the toppings so they stick.
- Immediately cover your tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Leave chilled till ready to serve
Yields 18 – 20 truffles 20 minutes Prep time 2 hours 20 minutes